We teamed up with Santa Barbara-based blogger, Hannah @simplyhann_ to create this awesome summer-friendly plant-based nice-cream! Hannah’s secret ingredients that make the recipe are both avocado and coconut cream (don’t worry, you can’t taste the avocado) – and of course, our Mint Condition Tonic. Try it out + let us know what you think!
Mint Chip “Nice” Cream
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup of spinach, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of GoldThread Mint Condition Tonic
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
1. Cut the bananas into chunks and throw them in the freezer overnight.
2. Once frozen, add the bananas, coconut cream, avocado, spinach, fresh mint, GoldThread Mint Condition Tonic, peppermint extract, and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips and pulse a couple of times until the chocolate is dispersed throughout.
4. Pour the mixture into a Tupperware and freeze for 2 hours. Scoop the frozen dessert and add some more chocolate chips and fresh mint on top – Enjoy!
Ps. Just a reminder in case you’re thinking “avocado in a dessert, this girl must be crazy”… you can’t taste it whatsoever (same with the spinach) – it just makes it really silky… and green!
Note: You could also skip the freezing part if you’d rather not wait – you’ll still get the same silky texture, just in more of a smoothy bowl-type thickness.”