Get in the fall spirit with @nutritionalnutmeg’s Blueberry Elderberry Crumble!
- 1 large pack frozen wild blueberries (20 oz or so – thawed and drained of excess liquid)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar (however sweet you like it!)
- 3 tbsp gluten-free oat flour
- 3 tbsp elderberry defense tonic
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 5 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter (I used Miyoko’s)
- 1 tbsp flax seed (extra nutrients!)
- 1 tbsp hemp seed (extra nutrients!)
Combine filling ingredients and pour into a pie pan or baking pan.
Combine crumble ingredients and mix well until a crumble forms. Place on top of the blueberry mix – I used my hands here and covered the whole thing! It’s also easier to make big crumbles using your hands.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble is starting to crisp and turn brown.
Mix 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar and 2 tsp elderberry defense. This was just a small serving – multiply as you wish and increase or decrease the liquid to get the consistency you want!
Top crumble with your favorite vanilla ice cream and elderberry glaze, + enjoy!