Austin-based author and vegan lifestyle blogger Chenoa (@chenoa.brookins) created a simple, gluten-free donut recipe featuring our Berry Power tonic – a delicious, plant-based treat for the holiday season!
Chenoa is a vegan lifestyle blogger living in Austin, Texas. She loves sharing tips on how to stay healthy and inspire other moms and parents to eat more plants. She wrote her e-book, Plant-Based & Shine to help families come up with easy plant-powered meal ideas. There are 40+ recipes in her ebook along with a guide on how to teach children to love veggies and how to travel vegan with kids.
1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Coconut Yogurt
2 Cups Gluten Free Baking Flour
2 Tbsp Gold Thread Berry Power Tonic
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar (can also use monk fruit or homemade paleo powdered sugar)
1-2 Tbsp Berry Power Tonic
1/3 Cup Blueberries
1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly mix together ingredients for dough.
- Shape dough into donut shape. If the batter is too sticky, add a little bit of flour to your fingertips and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Simmer blueberries and maple syrup on low until they reduce to a dense syrup (3-5 minutes). Be sure to keep stirring so the syrup doesn’t burn.
- In a small bowl, add the blueberry reduction and the rest of the icing ingredients. Mix together thoroughly until it becomes an icing.
- Let the donuts cool before icing them. Enjoy!